As an HGV/truck driver, you’ll spend most of your time driving, leaving you little time arranging your insurance. Therefore, saving time by getting the right HGV or truck insurance quote the first time is essential.
DRIVER INFORMATION: WHAT DO WE NEED?
Ensure you have all the necessary information before beginning your HGV or truck insurance quote. These include:
- Names and ages of drivers (at least 25 years old)
- All occupations of drivers
- The length of time all drivers have held a full UK driving license (a minimum of 2 years is required)
- The license numbers of all drivers
Every five years, all drivers must maintain their Driver CPC (Driver Certificate of Professional Competence).
WHAT VEHICLE INFORMATION IS REQUIRED?
Providing the correct type of description can help you be fully covered. Be sure to confirm:
- The type of vehicle, such as a low-loader
- How you intend to use your vehicle and if you travel abroad
- The weight of the vehicle
- The value of your vehicle
- What is your No Claim Bonus (NCB) at this time
WHY SHOULD YOU PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION?
While everyone likes to save money, being honest is vital. We may not be able to make a claim if you provide inaccurate information, or your insurance may be cancelled. You must declare any of the following:
- In the last five years, have there been any driver claims or incidents
- Any driver motoring convictions in the previous five years
- Any driver unspent criminal convictions
HGV / TRUCK INSURANCE: WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
In the unlikely event of a claim, you can have the peace of mind you need if your insurance policy includes the right benefits. The policy benefits will be tailored to your needs but can include:
- Coverage options include comprehensive, third party, fire and theft, and third party only
- Replacement of a new vehicle if it is over 60% damaged and less than six months old
- Windscreen cover
- Discounts of 10% for Thatcham vehicle security members
- A reduced price for increasing your policy excess
- Protected NCB on 5+ years with no claims in the last three years
DO YOU NEED ADDITIONAL COVER?
You may need additional coverage as we understand one size does not fit all. To help you, we provide the following:
- Goods in Transit – cover for up to £50,000 per load
- Employer’s Liability Insurance – You will need employer’s liability insurance if you employ any staff so that you can cover the costs of compensation in case a staff member falls ill or suffers an injury at work
- HGV/Truck Breakdown Insurance – 24/7 breakdown cover in the UK and Europe
- Excess protection – The protection of your policy excess in the event of an accident that is your fault